Leadership and Facilitation Skills - Fully Booked
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: January 15th 2019 9:30am until 4:30pm
Location: Plymouth Postgraduate Centre, Derriford Hospital, Derriford Road, Plymouth PL6 8DH
This full day workshop will enable Educational Supervisors be more knowledgeable and skilled at assisting medical trainees in developing their leadership abilities.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe what effective educational and medical leadership is
- Summarise their own leadership strengths and development needs
- Outline how leadership is positioned in specialist curricula and the Severn Deanery approach to developing such leadership abilities
- Describe the NHS medical leadership competencies and how to access them
- Outline how to evaluate a trainee’s leadership ability at the first educational appraisal or placement meeting
- Summarise methods for assessing the leadership knowledge and skills of medical trainees
To book a place please email the Peninsula Faculty Team. Please include the event title, the date you would like to attend and your GMC number.