Civility for Doctors in Training
Category: Training - Other
Date: April 6th 2023 9:30am until 12:30pm
MaxCourse ID: SW523
The impact of civility in the workplace is vastly underestimated. Powerful levels of these interpersonal qualities can boost wellbeing, engagement and commitment to common objectives. On the other hand, incivility, lack of respect and an absence of inclusive behaviours have been proven to damage health, motivation and performance. Based on the latest behavioural science research, this development workshop will help delegates better understand ‘why’ and ‘how’ civility is such an integral element of organisational culture.
This highly engaging interactive workshop will provide delegates with an understanding of uncivil behaviour, its impact and enable new behaviour modelling that will support and sustain a civil and respectful workplace:
- The definition of civility and behavioural indicators and characteristics
- Predictors and triggers of incivility within health care teams
- Targets of incivility
- Situational influences on incivilities
- How to respond rather than react to incivility
- The three modes of interacting with colleagues: proactive civility, neutrality and incivility
- Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace
- Learn skills in understanding and diagnosing the causes of uncivil behaviour
- The Dominance Behavioural System
Who should attend
Anyone can benefit from enhancing their awareness of civility and respect. This workshop will be appropriate for both trainers and doctors in training, with an emphasis on making personal and collective agreements to boost relationships and interactions.
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.