Demystifying NHS Finance
Category: Training - Other
Date: November 21st 2023 9:30am until 1:00pm
A course for ST5+ and GPST3+ Doctors in Training
MaxCourse ID: SW794
This course is aimed at clinicians that have minimal knowledge of how finance works in the NHS and want to find our more.
• Basic overview of the NHS Structure and how it has changed/ is changing.
• Simple Understanding around the flow of money in the NHS including local and national commissioning.
• Details of the Structure of function of the regulatory and other Arm’s length bodies
• Understand the financial pressures facing the NHS
• Overview of different types of NHS payment systems and contracts
• Overview of NHS Costing and PLICS
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.