HEE-SW Faculty Development Webinar: Lean Thinking for Speciality Trainees
Category: Training - ST1-3
Date: June 10th 2021 9:00am until June 24th 2021 1:00pm
Workshops for doctors in the South West
Delivered over Zoom – please ensure you have the latest version installed on your desktop or smartphone!
To book your place, please fill in the relevant booking form. If you are successful, you will receive an online invitation to the event by email in advance of your chosen date. Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.
Specialty Trainees – book here
About the course:
This Lean Thinking Programme is designed to give doctors and other supporting clinicians a means of controlling and managing their working environments and critical working practices, to become more efficient and effective in how they deliver value to their patients, whilst making best use of those resources available to them. It also addresses key issues around Human Factors, enabling those same Doctors and clinicians to create and maintain a low-risk environment in which they interact with their patients and with each other.
The Lean Thinking Programme is delivered over two half-day sessions, with a total contact time of approx. eight hours. It will be delivered by virtual facilitator-led learning, with input from the facilitator, time for personal reflection, and virtual break out groups so you can discuss the practical application with fellow Doctors. We will also watch videos to deepen our learning experience.
You will learn:
- how to think ‘effective’ with your time, priorities, resources and commit to personal and organisational effectiveness
- to prioritise around the most important things
- to maximise value to your ultimate customers and reduce human-led risk to a minimum
- how to make a total commitment to personal and organisational continuous improvement
- how to maximise individual and collective potential to achieve upgraded results
- how past experiences and our unique personalities have an impact on performance and risk
Part 1 - Thursday 10th June
Part 2 - Thursday 24th June
9am - 1pm