Leading as a Trainee: A Clinical Leadership Workshop for ST3-5 Trainees
Category: Training - Other
Date: September 22nd 2022 9:00am until 3:00pm
For Specialty Trainees
Thursday 22 September 2022,
09:00 to 15:00
Course ID: SW510
About the Course
This course offers an introduction to leadership from the perspective of trainees. It will be most relevant to those who have little experience of leadership training in the past. It will be an interactive, reflective day providing an understanding of clinical leadership, its role within the NHS and practical actions for trainees development.
To introduce concepts and frameworks that will be of immediate relevance and application and put down the foundations for future leadership and current clinical roles.
- Recognise importance of clinical leadership and understanding of the underlying evidence base
- Reflect on and identify existing skills and qualities in own role as a leader and that of those in your working environment
- Recognise influence of rank and power in working relationships and systems and the importance of inclusive leadership
- Gain basic understanding of leadership models and styles
- Develop ability to recognise own preferences and strengths and those of others
- Reflect on conflict situations and learn different approaches to managing conflict
- Explore compassionate leadership and what it means in practice
- Increase knowledge of further opportunities available for leadership development
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.