Leadership Skills for Managing Stress at Work (previously Managing Stress)
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: October 21st 2022 9:00am until 3:15pm
Location: MS TEAMS
Educational & Clinical Supervisors only. Course ID: SW428
This course is split into two halves:
The Morning Session will focus on how to manage your own stress levels first.
The Afternoon Session will focus on the role of the Supervisor in managing the stress of others at work.
- Exploring the nature of stress at work.
- Understanding the mind-body connection of stress.
- Utilising mindfulness meditation, positive psychology, and neuroscience for managing stress.
- Developing a robust strategy to build and maintain your resilience towards stress.
- Understanding the legal framework for managing stress at work.
- Exploring positive management styles/approach for reducing stress.
- How to initiate difficult conversations with positive outcomes.
- Utilising Risk Assessment for effective stress management.
From the facilitator, Jacqui Kristina:
I have worked in the NHS at primary care level and within acute trusts as a health & safety risk manager. My previous posts include an Environmental Health Officer in local government, and a Police Officer in the West Midlands Police Force. As a result I have a deep understanding of some of the challenges of working within large and complex organisations and the impact this can have on health and well-being.
My work is now focused on energising and empowering individuals to step beyond the limitations and challenges they face without impacting on their health & well-being.
N.B. THIS COURSE IS ELECTIVE, NOT MANDATORY.
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system & you will need to have a copy of the documents held on MaxCourse for the group work, so please download them when you book.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.