Influencing & Engaging for Change for Specialty Trainees
Category: Training - Other
Date: September 26th 2022 1:00pm until November 24th 2022 4:00pm
Influencing & Engaging for Change
For Specialty Trainees
Two x Half-Day Workshops
Monday 26th September
Thursday 24th November
1pm to 4pm
MaxCourse ID: SW295
Either a stand-alone programme or optional to support the Lean Thinking programme that covers practical tools and techniques for change.
Influencing skills are essential in today’s dynamic NHS workplace that is constantly evolving and changing. Success and outcomes can only be achieved through, with and from others. Being able to influence without formal authority is an essential skill, and we cannot do this without confidence, commitment and the communication skills to fully express ourselves and engage our colleagues so they willingly work with us to make positive changes. As leaders our roles require that we draw on who we are, as well as what we do to inspire and engage our people.
On this 6-hour programme delivered over 2 sessions we will learn how to offer others the invitation to change (behaviour, attitudes, thoughts and beliefs) and embrace new ways in a committed way.
This programme has been designed to so that participants will be able to:
- Influence upwards, downwards and sideways in such a way influencing becomes enjoyable rather than a challenge
- Gain respect from others by your influential communication style
- Use power effectively and practice egoless leadership and management
- Know when to be directive with their communication, how to use questions to create intrigue and interest with their stakeholder and when to be the ‘guide by the side’
- Know themselves and other people through their ‘personality energy’ to be adaptable in your style of influencing
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.