Bronze Quality Improvement (QI) training
Category: Quality Improvement - Other
Date: June 16th 2023 9:30am until 1:00pm
MaxCourse ID: QIB09
The South West Academic Health Science Network (South West AHSN) in partnership with Health Education England South West (HEE-SW) is offering Bronze QI training, free at the point of delivery.
- Postgraduate Doctors in Training (FY 2, Core StR)
- Specialty, Staff Grade and Associate Specialist Doctors (SAS)
- Dentists in Training (STRs and Dental Core trainees)
This is your opportunity to:
- Explore how QI can help your career progression
- Understand QI and the science behind it Use QI methodology to improve the systems you work in
- This course is aimed at those who are new to QI or have a basic understanding. There is a pre-course requirement to ensure all attendees are at a similar knowledge level. This will include set reading and viewing of videos, which will take approximately one hour to complete. CPD points will be awarded and all delegates will receive a Bronze QI certificate.
- This QI course is aligned to the GMC’s Generic Professional Capabilities framework click here and supports the requirement that Doctors-in-Training demonstrate significant personal contribution to a quality improvement project.
- Why Quality Improvement in health and social care is important
- How QI improves patient safety, experience and health outcomes
- The complex health and social care system you work in
- Which QI tools to use when setting up and implementing your QI project
The training will focus on QI theory, tools and discuss real life scenarios to explore what makes a project successful. You will also learn about strategies that can be implemented to overcome common challenges.
As this is an experiential course, you will have the opportunity to practise using QI tools so that you feel confident moving forward with your own QI project based on the Model for Improvement. To help support your learning, you will also become part of a QI network.
What you will achieve:
- A better understanding of QI methodology and how this can lead to improved outcomes
- Knowledge, skills and confidence in the effective use of QI tools
- An awareness of measures to show if a change is an improvement
- An understanding of collaborative QI project work, in areas such as patient care, safety, systems, workforce satisfaction and how to reduce health costs
- CPD points
- Eligibility for further training such as the Silver QI course
Tuesday 15 November; 1:30 - 5pm
Wednesday 30 November; 09:30 - 1pm
Tuesday 13 December; 09:30 - 1pm
Tuesday 10 January; 1:30 - 5pm
Wednesday 8 February; 09:30 - 1pm
Friday 10 March; 09:30 - 1pm
Tuesday 18 April; 09:30 - 1pm
Wednesday 10 May; 09:30 - 1pm
Friday 16 June; 09:30 - 1pm
Tuesday 18 July; 1:30 - 5pm
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding MaxCourse prior to the day.
Please email email@example.com with any with any login issues on the day. Please note by joining this course you agree to us sharing your name & email address with the facilitators at AHSN.