HEE-SW Faculty Development Webinar: Human Factors, Patient Safety and Non-Technical Skills Training for Supervisors
Category: Patient Safety, Human Factors & Simulation - Other
Date: September 29th 2021 10:00am until 4:00pm
Location: MS Teams
Human Factors, Patient Safety and Non-Technical Skills Training
A full-day workshop for Educational & Clinical Supervisors and SAS Doctors
Wednesday 9 June
Wednesday 29 September
10am – 4pm
Delivered over MS Teams – please ensure you have the latest version installed on your desktop or smartphone!
We will soon be taking bookings for this course using our new system. Please check back for updates, and email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions.
About the course:
This new, exciting course is aimed at Consultants/SAS doctors from all disciplines. This full-day course will explore patient safety and human factors covering advanced domains within the new Patient Safety Syllabus.
It is a highly interactive course and requires no prior knowledge of safety science, human factors and non-technical skills. It will include:
- Error in medicine and how to approach it
- How to make an incident (RCA) investigation worthwhile and effect change
- Fundamentals of human factors and systems thinking
- System I and System II learning
- Importance of culture and our responsibilities in establishing and maintaining
- Supporting trainees by assessing non-technical skills and implementation of HF methodologies
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day