Using Skype Effectively for Meetings
Category: HEE Training - South Staff Only
Date: March 11th 2020 10:00am until 12:00pm
Location: via Skype
Okay, so you probably know how to use Skype now. You get invited to meetings and speak or watch presentations. But are you using it effectively?
If you are running a meeting, this session will help show you how to manage your meeting and utilize its functions to help save you time and work more effectively with Skype.
This session is booked for 2 hours but may take less depending how quickly we get through items/questions.
Recap of Basics
- Creating a meeting in Outlook / Inviting people
- Checking sound settings (how to swap sound from laptop to headset)
- Sharing your screen
- Instant Messaging
- Leaving a meeting vs Ending a meeting
Audience and the Type of Meeting
- To Skype or not to Skype … why are you calling this meeting (eg to work on a file)
- Blended meeting – meeting room and Skype
- Using Skype meeting or Teams meeting
Setting up your Meeting/Venue
- Table positioning in relation to camera
- Setting the camera
- Cables! Please ensure you know how to connect all cables well ahead of the meeting
Managing your Invitees
- Using the Lobby
- Mute All
- Meeting Rules / Good Practice
- Top Tips
Being a Good Chair
- Things to consider: introductions, purpose, dynamics, note taker, set up and more
- Working on a file in Skype
- Sharing a file in OneDrive or SharePoint – no Skype required.
Sharing Files in OneDrive or SharePoint
- Not using Skype: Understanding Version Control and Comments
- Checking out/in
if there is anything else you would like covered, or you think would be useful to others, please do let me know. thanks.
Please register. I will then send you a Skype meeting invite.