Using Skype Effectively for Meetings
Category: HEE Training - South and KSS Staff Only
Date: April 2nd 2020 9:30am until 11:00am
This is a slightly shorter, modified version of the previous Using Skype Effectively for Meetings
Please book below and we will send you a Skype meeting link. If you are unable to log into Skype, please contact us in advance, as it maybe you haven't set up your MFA password (the one you need to log in to Skype whilst at home). We can send you a link what to do.
Okay, so you probably know how to use Skype now. You get invited to meetings and speak or watch presentations. But are you using it effectively?
If you are running a meeting, this session will help show you how to manage your meeting and utilize its functions to help save you time and work more effectively with Skype.
This session is booked for 1.5 hours but could run shorter depending on queries.
- Creating a meeting in Outlook / Inviting people
- Checking sound settings (how to swap sound from laptop to headset)
- Sharing your screen
- Instant Messaging
- Leaving a meeting vs Ending a meeting
Audience and the Type of Meeting
- To Skype or not to Skype … why are you calling this meeting (eg to work on a file)
- Blended meeting – meeting room and Skype
- Using Skype meeting or Teams meeting
Setting up your Meeting/Venue - Working from Home!
- Setting the camera
Managing your Invitees
- Using the Lobby
- Mute All
- Meeting Rules / Good Practice
- Top Tips
Being a Good Chair
- Things to consider: introductions, purpose, dynamics, note taker, set up and more
- Working on a file in Skype
- Sharing a file in OneDrive or SharePoint – no Skype required.
Sharing Files in OneDrive or SharePoint
- Not using Skype: Understanding Version Control and Comments
- Checking out/in
if there is anything else you would like covered, or you think would be useful to others, please do let me know. thanks.