Please note, these pages are currently under development – if you would like assistance please contact us and we will be pleased to help: Mentoring.email@example.com
Mentoring for HEE South West
Welcome to the mentoring pages of HEE SW Professional Support and Development Team (PSED)
Our mentoring service is provided for doctors, dentists and pharmacists in training across the South West, as well as for the supervisors and SAS doctors who support them.
Our aim is to facilitate, support and encourage the development of each individual within our workforce, to reach their full potential. The service is confidential and runs alongside your training.
"If you cannot see where you are going, ask someone who has been there before."
J Loren Norris
Mentoring is a process where a mentor meets a mentee on a regular or occasional basis to help the mentee in their personal and professional development.
Research has shown that mentoring has many benefits for mentees:
- Improved self-confidence and self esteem
- Increased motivation
- Broadened horizons and experience
- Raised achievements and aspirations
- Improved performance
- Increased job satisfaction
- Networking opportunities
- Establish a balance between life and work
- Self Directed Learning
- Increased career mobility and career opportunities
- Opportunity to give and receive feedback
- Ability to get assistance with ideas
- Opportunity to demonstrate strengths and explore potential
- Develop visibility within or outside an organisation
- Challenged to use talents and share expertise
You can request a senior mentor or someone a similar grade to yourself (peer mentor). Bio's of the mentors will be available to you once you have applied
Please browse our webpages for more information and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information